hawq-user mailing list archives

From Ed Espino <esp...@apache.org>
Subject Apache HAWQ binary release and Hadoop vendor neutrality
Date Fri, 31 Mar 2017 23:27:07 GMT
HAWQ,

As we get closer to producing our initial binary release, there is one
important thread (discussed in HAWQ-1421
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HAWQ-1421> and supporting PR #1208
<https://github.com/apache/incubator-hawq/pull/1208>) I would like to bring
to the forefront. All RPMs produced as part of our initial HAWQ binary
release *MUST* be Hadoop vendor agnostic. We will be able to clearly
demonstrate this by being able to successfully install and run HAWQ and
supporting components (PXF, Ranger Plugin Service, etc) using RPMs produced
from Apache Bigtop and not any specific commercial vendor. This is a core
ASF principle we continue to follow.

Thoughts? Concerns?

-=e

--