hawq-user mailing list archives

From Ma Hongxu <inte...@outlook.com>
Subject Re: AO and Parquet Format
Date Mon, 13 Feb 2017 06:17:24 GMT
Briefly, parquet format is organized by row groups, each row group is Column-oriented. And
AO is Row-oriented, I guess it's very similar to PG heap format.

Do you want the detailed introduction of format?
Seems it doesn't have a details format wiki/doc of hawq, maybe Lili Ma have some resources.

I am very interested in it also, let's discuss it in this mail-list in future.
Thank you!

在 10/02/2017 22:37, Guo Kai 写道:
Hi, guys!

I want to ask more detail about AO and Parquet Format in HAWQ.

As we know, in PostgreSQL, tuples is organized one by one in a fixed size block when the table
format is heap. What about AO and Parquet?

Thanks for any advice!:)

--
Regards,
Hongxu.