hawq-user mailing list archives

From Paul Guo <paul...@gmail.com>
Subject HAWQ graduation update
Date Tue, 17 Jan 2017 08:32:44 GMT
While it seems that it is the time for us to kick off the work for HAWQ
graduation from ASF, i.e. removing the "incubator" cap.

There are a lot of details in the page below about this,

http://incubator.apache.org/guides/graduation.html

I'd sum up some related work in the last week.

1. Provide preliminary dev/test docker files for Both Redhat 6.x and 7.x.
(By Richard Guo)

2. Finish the RC1 release for 2.1.0.0-incubating. (By Ed and Ruilong)
    I saw Ed is preparing for the RC2 release since several issues in the
previous version
    were found during voting.

3. The doc issue on the home page (By David, Lisa)
    We need a user-guide open source document for each release. The
document is ready.
    We will need to link them on the home page after the releasing is done.

While there are a lot of things any of us could do or should keep doing,
e.g. keep hawq related page updated, it seems that below things should be
with higher priority,

1. Work on figure out binaries release. Apache CI Generate or Bigtop? Any
suggestion
    or comment is welcome.

2. The 2.1.0.0-incubating RC2 Release. We know Ed is working on this.

Welcome any suggestion,

Thanks.