hawq-user mailing list archives

From Jim Campbell <jacampb...@pivotal.io>
Subject Re: Could not allocate enough memory
Date Fri, 13 Jan 2017 18:09:27 GMT
There are several things that could cause this error.  Can you answer the
following questions:

1>  Are you using YARN integration?
2>  Provide a copy of your log file where the query was running.  Sometimes
the you error you describe can be related to RM configuration
3>  Provide a snipped of the DDL used to create the table.  You don’t have
to provide every column name if the table has a lot of columns.
4>  What parameters did you set at the server level if different from
default?  Particularly pertaining to resource management.  If using YARN,
how are your resource queues setup?
5>  Can you provide at least an explain plan if not an explain analyze
output.

That should help for starts.  I have seen a similar error message before.

James Campbell
Data Eningeer
Pivotal Software
P:  571-247-6511