hawq-user mailing list archives

From Gregory Chase <gch...@pivotal.io>
Subject [INTRODUCTIONS] Hi I'm Greg and I'm part of the Apache HAWQ community
Date Fri, 09 Dec 2016 19:53:25 GMT
Dear HAWQs,

I thought it would be fun to get to know some of the other people in the
community.

My name is Greg Chase and I run community development for Pivotal for big
data open source communities that Pivotal contributes to.

Some of you may have seen my frequent emails about virtual events I help
organize for user and contributor education.

Not so long ago, I was in charge of product marketing for an in-memory data
warehouse named after a Hawaiian town from a three-letter acronymed German
Company. We treated Hadoop as an external table, and returning results from
these queries was both slow and brittle due to the network transfer rates.

So I have a special appreciation of the innovation that has gone into
creating Hadoop-native HAWQ out of PostgreSQL and Greenplum.

These days I'm much more of a marketer than a coder, but I still love
hearing about the kinds of projects that HAWQ users are involved in.

I know we'd all love to hear more about everyone else's projects, and how
you became a HAWQ user.  So please introduce yourselves!

--
Greg Chase

Global Head, Big Data Communities
http://www.pivotal.io/big-data