hawq-user mailing list archives

From Luis Macedo <lmac...@pivotal.io>
Subject Re: Increase number of segments per host
Date Thu, 29 Sep 2016 18:14:21 GMT
Dominic,

You can try playing with this GUC: SET enforce_virtual_segment_number =xx

If you are the only used on the box you can set it up to the same number of
cores available.

More than that will degrade your performance.

Thanks,

*Luis Macedo | Sr Platform Architect | **Pivotal Inc *

*Mobile:* +55 11 97616-6438
*Pivotal.io <http://pivotal.io>*
*Take care of the customers and the rest takes care of itself*

> There several GUC settings you can set at a session or query level that
> can change the number of executors.
>
> Other factors to look at are things like table type and how you set up
> YARN integration.  How is your table distribution set up or table
> partioning if any?
>
> I won't be back to my office until Monday otherwise I could send you
> additional information.
>

> On Thursday, September 29, 2016, Muji Kadry <mujtaba.qadri@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi Dominik,
>>
>> You can increase the parallelism by increasing the virtual segment limit
>> and segment memory for the cluster (using Ambari) and for each query
>> example below.
>>
>> postgres=# set hawq_rm_stmt_vseg_memory='256mb';SETpostgres=# set hawq_rm_stmt_nvseg=10;SETpostgres=#
create table t(i integer);CREATE TABLEpostgres=# insert into t values(1);INSERT 0 1