hawq-user mailing list archives

From hawqstudy <hawqst...@163.com>
Subject Re: How to delete data from table?
Date Thu, 07 Apr 2016 10:54:52 GMT
uhh… there are already tons of data in the table, it will take forever to do that…
any better ways?
i just want to completely get rid of the last insert batch, can I directly delete some subdirectories
in HDFS in order to do that?
> 在 2016年4月7日,下午6:41,Ruilong Huo <rhuo@pivotal.io> 写道:
>
> You may try with below steps to de-duplicate the data in table t:
> 1. insert into new_t select distinct tuple from t
> 2. drop table t
> 3. rename new_t to t
>
> Best regards,
> Ruilong Huo
>
> On Thu, Apr 7, 2016 at 6:36 PM, hawqstudy <hawqstudy@163.com <mailto:hawqstudy@163.com>>
wrote:
> I inserted millions of rows into an existing table but found there’s duplication. I
would like to delete the rows based on the date column but found there’s no delete command
in Hawk.