hawq-user mailing list archives

From Lei Chang <chang.lei...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: what is Hawq?
Date Fri, 13 Nov 2015 06:43:24 GMT
Like what Bob said, HAWQ is a complete database and Drill is just a query
engine.

And HAWQ has also a lot of other benefits over Drill, for example:

1. SQL completeness: HAWQ is the best for the sql-on-hadoop engines, can
run all TPCDS queries without any changes. And support almost all third
party tools, such as Tableau et al.
2. Performance: proved the best in the hadoop world
3. Scalability: high scalable via high speed UDP based interconnect.
4. Transactions: as I know, drill does not support transactions. it is a
nightmare for end users to keep consistency.
5. Advanced resource management: HAWQ has the most advanced resource
management. It natively supports YARN and easy to use hierarchical resource
queues. Resources can be managed and enforced on query and operator level.

Cheers
Lei