hawq-user mailing list archives

From "Adaryl \"Bob\" Wakefield, MBA" <adaryl.wakefi...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: what is Hawq?
Date Fri, 13 Nov 2015 08:50:06 GMT
Is Greenplum free? I heard they open sourced it but I haven’t found anything but a community
edition.

Adaryl "Bob" Wakefield, MBA
Principal
Mass Street Analytics, LLC
913.938.6685
www.linkedin.com/in/bobwakefieldmba
Twitter: @BobLovesData

From: dortmont
Sent: Friday, November 13, 2015 2:42 AM
To: user@hawq.incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: what is Hawq?

I see the advantage of HAWQ compared to other Hadoop SQL engines. It looks like the most mature
solution on Hadoop thanks to the postgresql based engine.

But why wouldn't I use Greenplum instead of HAWQ? It has even better performance and it supports
updates.

Cheers

  +1 for transactions.

  I think a major plus point is that HAWQ supports transactions,  and this enables a lot of
critical workloads to be done on HAWQ.