hawq-dev mailing list archives

From Harald Bögeholz <harald.boegeh...@monash.edu.INVALID>
Subject Re: Support Matrix for HAWQ
Date Fri, 01 Feb 2019 07:45:18 GMT
Am 31.01.19 um 13:30 schrieb Lav Jain:
> Hi Harald,
>
> Most HAWQ constants are defined inside
> /var/lib/ambari-server/resources/common-services/HAWQ/2.0.0/package/scripts/hawq_constants.py

Thank you very much again. That helped a lot, I finally got HAWQ up and
running although I still had to manually fix some installation issues
like distributing ssh keys for gpadmin.

> The last version that we used to deploy HAWQ with Ambari (ver 2.5.1) was
> over a year ago. You may also take a look at http://www.oushu.io for any
> updated instructions.

I am wondering if these installation issues should be filed as a bug
report somewhere? But is it a bug in Ambari or a bug in the Ambari
plugin which is part of HAWQ? I don't know enough about these things to
determine that.

Anyway, my biggest problem is solved for now.

(PXF installation also failed, but I'll just ignore that until I
actually need it.)

Regards,
Harald

> Regards,
>

> *Lav Jain*
> *Pivotal Data*
>
> ljain@pivotal.io
>

> On Tue, Jan 29, 2019 at 7:54 PM Harald Bögeholz
> <harald.boegeholz@monash.edu.invalid> wrote:
>
>> Hi Lav,
>>

>> thanks for your quick help. I modified
>> /var/lib/ambari-server/resources/common-services/HAWQ/2.0.0/metainfo.xml
>> accordingly and restarted my Ambari server. Then I deleted the services
>> PXF and HAWQ and tried adding them again.
>>
>> This time it failed a little later in the process with
>>
>> resource_management.core.exceptions.ExecutionFailed: Execution of 'chown
>> -R gpadmin:gpadmin /usr/local/hawq/' returned 1. chown: cannot access
>> '/usr/local/hawq/': No such file or directory
>>
>> Indeed this directory doesn't exist; instead I have /usr/local/apache-hawq
>>
>> Apparently something else has to be fixed but I am completely unfamiliar
>> with the inner workings of Ambari.
>>
>> Is it possible at all to use Ambari to deploy HAWQ 2.4.0? I was
>> following Ruilong Huo's recommendation earlier on this list to use HDP
>> 2.6.1 and Ambari 2.5.1.
>>

>> Thanks
>> Harald
>>
>> Am 30.01.19 um 10:52 schrieb Lav Jain:
>>> I believe you need to
>>> modify
>> ambari-server/src/main/resources/common-services/HAWQ/2.0.0/metainfo.xml
>>>
>>>       <osSpecifics>
>>>         <osSpecific>
>>>           <osFamily>any</osFamily>
>>>           <packages>