hawq-dev mailing list archives

From Lav Jain <lj...@pivotal.io>
Subject Re: Support Matrix for HAWQ
Date Thu, 31 Jan 2019 02:30:07 GMT
Hi Harald,

Most HAWQ constants are defined inside
/var/lib/ambari-server/resources/common-services/HAWQ/2.0.0/package/scripts/hawq_constants.py

The last version that we used to deploy HAWQ with Ambari (ver 2.5.1) was
over a year ago. You may also take a look at http://www.oushu.io for any
updated instructions.

Regards,

*Lav Jain*
*Pivotal Data*

ljain@pivotal.io

On Tue, Jan 29, 2019 at 7:54 PM Harald Bögeholz
<harald.boegeholz@monash.edu.invalid> wrote:

> Hi Lav,
>

> thanks for your quick help. I modified
> /var/lib/ambari-server/resources/common-services/HAWQ/2.0.0/metainfo.xml
> accordingly and restarted my Ambari server. Then I deleted the services
> PXF and HAWQ and tried adding them again.
>
> This time it failed a little later in the process with
>
> resource_management.core.exceptions.ExecutionFailed: Execution of 'chown
> -R gpadmin:gpadmin /usr/local/hawq/' returned 1. chown: cannot access
> '/usr/local/hawq/': No such file or directory
>
> Indeed this directory doesn't exist; instead I have /usr/local/apache-hawq
>
> Apparently something else has to be fixed but I am completely unfamiliar
> with the inner workings of Ambari.
>
> Is it possible at all to use Ambari to deploy HAWQ 2.4.0? I was
> following Ruilong Huo's recommendation earlier on this list to use HDP
> 2.6.1 and Ambari 2.5.1.
>

> Thanks
> Harald
>
> Am 30.01.19 um 10:52 schrieb Lav Jain:
> > I believe you need to
> > modify
> ambari-server/src/main/resources/common-services/HAWQ/2.0.0/metainfo.xml
> >
> >       <osSpecifics>
> >         <osSpecific>
> >           <osFamily>any</osFamily>
> >           <packages>
> >             <package>
> >               <name>hawq</name>
> >             </package>
> >           </packages>
> >         </osSpecific>
> >       </osSpecifics>
> >
> > Regards,
> >

> > *Lav Jain*
> > *Pivotal Data*
> >
> > ljain@pivotal.io
> >

> > On Tue, Jan 29, 2019 at 3:10 PM Harald Bögeholz
> > <harald.boegeholz@monash.edu.invalid> wrote:

> >> can get the plugin at .
> <
> >> https://github.com/apache/hawq/tree/master/contrib/hawq-ambari-plugin>.
> >>
> >> Thank you for your help.
> >>
> >> I managed to install the Ambari plugin and setup a repository for the
> >> HAWQ binaries.
> >>
> >> Now deployment fails with this error:
> >>
> >> resource_management.core.exceptions.ExecutionFailed: Execution of
> >> '/usr/bin/yum -d 0 -e 0 -y install hawq' returned 1. Error: Nothing to
> do
> >>
> >> I think it is because it should be yum install apache-hawq, but I don't
> >> know where to change this.
> >>
> >> Could I get another hint?
> >>
> >> Thanks
> >> Harald