hawq-dev mailing list archives

From Harald Bögeholz <harald.boegeh...@monash.edu.INVALID>
Subject Re: Support Matrix for HAWQ
Date Wed, 30 Jan 2019 03:44:56 GMT
Hi Lav,

thanks for your quick help. I modified
/var/lib/ambari-server/resources/common-services/HAWQ/2.0.0/metainfo.xml
accordingly and restarted my Ambari server. Then I deleted the services
PXF and HAWQ and tried adding them again.

This time it failed a little later in the process with

resource_management.core.exceptions.ExecutionFailed: Execution of 'chown
-R gpadmin:gpadmin /usr/local/hawq/' returned 1. chown: cannot access
'/usr/local/hawq/': No such file or directory

Indeed this directory doesn't exist; instead I have /usr/local/apache-hawq

Apparently something else has to be fixed but I am completely unfamiliar
with the inner workings of Ambari.

Is it possible at all to use Ambari to deploy HAWQ 2.4.0? I was
following Ruilong Huo's recommendation earlier on this list to use HDP
2.6.1 and Ambari 2.5.1.

Thanks
Harald

Am 30.01.19 um 10:52 schrieb Lav Jain:
> I believe you need to
> modify ambari-server/src/main/resources/common-services/HAWQ/2.0.0/metainfo.xml
>
>       <osSpecifics>
>         <osSpecific>
>           <osFamily>any</osFamily>
>           <packages>
>             <package>
>               <name>hawq</name>
>             </package>
>           </packages>
>         </osSpecific>
>       </osSpecifics>
>
> Regards,
>

> *Lav Jain*
> *Pivotal Data*
>
> ljain@pivotal.io
>

> On Tue, Jan 29, 2019 at 3:10 PM Harald Bögeholz
> <harald.boegeholz@monash.edu.invalid> wrote:
>
>> Am 29.01.19 um 17:51 schrieb shenxl:
>>> Hi Harald,
>>>
>>> the HAWQ Ambari plugin isn’t included in HAWQ binary distribition,  you
>> can get the plugin at .
>>> https://github.com/apache/hawq/tree/master/contrib/hawq-ambari-plugin <
>> https://github.com/apache/hawq/tree/master/contrib/hawq-ambari-plugin>.
>>
>> Thank you for your help.
>>
>> I managed to install the Ambari plugin and setup a repository for the
>> HAWQ binaries.
>>
>> Now deployment fails with this error:
>>
>> resource_management.core.exceptions.ExecutionFailed: Execution of
>> '/usr/bin/yum -d 0 -e 0 -y install hawq' returned 1. Error: Nothing to do
>>
>> I think it is because it should be yum install apache-hawq, but I don't
>> know where to change this.
>>
>> Could I get another hint?
>>
>> Thanks
>> Harald