hawq-dev mailing list archives

From jiali yao <jialiyao0...@gmail.com>
Subject Apache HAWQ 2.5.0.0 Release Plan/Timeframe
Date Wed, 24 Oct 2018 08:47:18 GMT
Hi all Apache HAWQ community,

We delivered latest Apache HAWQ release 2.4.0.0, now we can begin to
prepare the next release.
It is the first release of Top Project. Looking forward to your
contribution.

Now I drafted a plan for the release Apache HAWQ 2.5.0.0, now it's
open for discussion, please help to provide feedback.

Release Version:

Apache HAWQ 2.5.0.0

Plan Scope:

New Feature: Support DDL for ORC as a native file format.
New Feature: Support write ORC storage format.
Bug fixes.

Release Type:

Source release and binary release.

Timeline:

Target to end of Jan 2019 : branch cut
Target to end of Feb 2019 : release

For details, you can check in the wiki page:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/HAWQ/Apache+HAWQ+2.5.0.0+Release

Please feel free to discuss and provide feedback, thanks.

Regards,
Jiali