hawq-dev mailing list archives

From Lei Chang <chang.lei...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Apache HAWQ Board Report
Date Wed, 19 Sep 2018 02:41:57 GMT
Thanks Roman for the comments. Added talks and jira & mailing list
activities.

And welcome to China again. Any plan coming to Beijing this time?

Cheers
Lei

-------------------------------

HAWQ is an advanced enterprise SQL on Hadoop analytic engine built around a
robust and high-performance massively-parallel processing (MPP) SQL engine
evolved from Greenplum Database.

## Issues:
None

## Activity:

1) The community is actively working on 2.4.0.0 release and target to be
released in Oct. Radar is serving as the RM. Currently we see a good progress
being made. The major features included in this release are:

    - New Feature: Pluggable Vectorized Execution Engine on HAWQ.
    - New Feature: Support Runtime Filter for HAWQ local hash join.

2) Coming community talks:
    - The way to Apache TLP - HAWQ practices, COSCon 2018 (Speaker: Lei Chang)
    -  Apache HAWQ on Kubernetes: Bring SQL on Hadoop to Cloud, ApacheCon 2018
       (Speaker: Ivan Weng, Wen Lin)

## Mailing list & JIRA activity in last three months:

- dev@hawqapache.org: 100 emails sent to list
- JIRA: 15 Issues Opened, 10 issues Closed/Resolved

## PMC changes:
Last PMC addition was Amy Bai Kevin Monroe on April 24, 2018, Currently 36 PMC
members

## Committer base changes:
Last committer addition was  Shubham Sharma on April 25, 2018, Currently 45
committers

## Releases: Last release was 2.3.0.0 on Mar 21, 2018