hawq-dev mailing list archives

From Radar Lei <r...@pivotal.io>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Apache HAWQ Graduation from Incubator
Date Thu, 31 May 2018 07:40:42 GMT
Just find some good material for nominating chair from Roman's email,
thanks Roman.

I think we can follow this to nominate a Chair in this thread too. Guys
please help to nominate or self-nominate. Thanks a lot.

See:
At the very minimum your resolution will contain: 1. A name of the project
2. A list of proposed PMC 3. A proposed PMC chair

On #3 I typically recommend podlings I mento to setup a rotating chair
policy. This is, in no way, an ASF requirement so feel free to ignore it,
but it worked well before. The chair will be expected up for rotation every
year. It will be more that ok for the same person to self-nominate once the
year is up -- but at the same time it'll be up to the same person to
actually kick off a thread asking if anybody else is interested in serving
as a chair for the next year. Of course, if there multiple candidates there
will have to be a vote.

Regards,
Radar