hawq-dev mailing list archives

From Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Apache HAWQ Graduation from Incubator
Date Tue, 01 May 2018 21:40:51 GMT
I think in general it makes sense to me. Looking at:
   http://incubator.apache.org/projects/hawq.html
I'd like to suggest that perhaps you may want to
explicitly ask folks on the committers list whether
they wish to remain with the project or not (I suspect
some of them will decline the invitation -- but perhaps
I'm wrong).

If the list of committers will match the list of PPMC
closes -- then I'd also suggest considering making
PMC == committers as part of your graduation
resolution.

Other than that -- I think you will make a great community.

Thanks,
Roman.

On Sat, Apr 28, 2018 at 4:02 AM, 刘奎恩(局外) <kuien.lke@alibaba-inc.com> wrote:
> Great news, I have no reason to reject this wonderful idea. One consideration is may
we have time window to do a bit more efforts on execuation engine? because these derivative
startup projects (hawq+, deepgreen) all claims their superiority on execuation engine. Maybe,
Hawq may co-plan it with Greenplum, it is one common issue in both data warehouse.
> Kuien Liu/奎恩
<rlei@pivotal.io>发送时间:2018年4月26日(星期四) 10:16收件人:dev <dev@hawq.incubator.apache.org>主 题:[DISCUSS]
Apache HAWQ Graduation from Incubator