hawq-dev mailing list archives

From Radar Lei <r...@pivotal.io>
Subject [DISCUSS] Apache HAWQ Graduation from Incubator
Date Thu, 26 Apr 2018 02:16:16 GMT
Hi All,

With the Apache HAWQ community keep healthy and growing, I think now would
be a good time to discuss where we stand regarding to graduation from the
Incubator, and what requirements remains.

Apache HAWQ entered incubation in September of 2015, since then, the HAWQ
community learned a lot about how to do things in Apache ways. Now we are a
very helpful and engaged community, ready to help on all questions
from the HAWQ
community. We delivered four releases including two binary releases, now we
can do self-driving releases in good cadence. The community is growing,
 new committers and PPMC members keep joining. We addressed the maturity
issues one by one followed by Apache Project Maturity Model [1], currently all
the License and IP issues we can see got resolved.

Base on those, I believes it's time for us to graduate to TLP. [2]

Any thoughts? And welcome advice from HAWQ Mentors?

Thanks,

[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/HAWQ/ASF+Maturity+Evaluation
[2] https://incubator.apache.org/guides/graduation.html#grad
uating_to_a_top_level_project