hawq-dev mailing list archives

From Lirong Jian <jianlir...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Apache HAWQ Graduation from Incubator
Date Thu, 26 Apr 2018 08:15:58 GMT
+1.

As one of the initial committers of the Apache HAWQ project, I am so glad
to hear that HAWQ is finally approaching graduation.

I still have a vivid memory of the last one and a half month before HAWQ
open source in Sep, 2015. In that one and a half month, I tried to merge
the 2.0 branch with the Pivotal internal 1.x branch, and fixed thousands of
merge conflicts scattering over hundreds of source code files. We finally
made it, and that was the version corresponding to the first commit of
Apache HAWQ in GitHub. After open source, HAWQ was adapted by various
corporations widely and quickly, especially in the market of China.

I am so proud of being part of the HAWQ open source community. We are
finally here, discussing the graduation. The whole HAWQ team does deserve
it, including guys who are still with Pivotal and those who had left.

Best,

Lirong Jian
HashData Inc.