hawq-dev mailing list archives

From "刘奎恩(局外)" <kuien....@alibaba-inc.com>
Subject 回复:a vectorized execution design document
Date Mon, 26 Feb 2018 07:01:48 GMT
Nice doc, clear design. It is a good start ! I saw an example on aggregation is illustrated
during the doc, we may implement more operators with this design, for example, SORT, JOIN.
One question is: we implement vectorization under plan three, that is, the optimizer cannot
feel the change in this way, it still estimates overall cost like
' total_cost = startup_cost + cpu_per_tuple * tuples + seq_page_cost * pages 'In my opinion,
the second part (CPU costs) changes a lot, so it is should be a stage design, any further
plan on it?
-------------——
Kuien Liu/奎恩
------------------------------------------------------------------发件人:Shujie Zhang
<shzhang@pivotal.io>发送时间:2018年2月9日(星期五) 16:35收件人:dev <dev@hawq.incubator.apache.org>主 题:a
vectorized execution design document
Hi,

A vectorized execution design document have been uploaded to the issue#1450:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HAWQ-1450

Inside the document are a lot of ideas about how to implement a vectorized
executor, We welcome any comments on the content and suggestions for
improvement, thanks.

Zhang Shujie
2018-02-09