hawq-dev mailing list archives

From Lei Chang <chang.lei...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Podling Report Reminder - January 2018
Date Tue, 02 Jan 2018 06:38:55 GMT
Hi Guys,

The following is the Podling Report. Please review and give your comments.

Cheers
Lei

--------------------------------

HAWQHAWQ is an advanced enterprise SQL on Hadoop analytic engine built
around arobust and high-performance massively-parallel processing
(MPP) SQL frameworkevolved from Greenplum Database.HAWQ has been
incubating since 2015-09-04.Three most important issues to address in
the move towardsgraduation:  1. Continue to improve the project's
release cadence. To this     end we plan on expanding automation
services to support     increased developer participation.Any issues
that the Incubator PMC (IPMC) or ASF Board wish/needto be aware of?
 Nothing urgent at this time.How has the community developed since the
last report?1. Conference Talks (2): * The nature of cloud database.
The 7th Data Technology Carnival (Speaker: Lei Chang, Nov 17, 2017)  *
New Data Warehouse: Apache HAWQ. 2017 Global Internet Technology
Conference (Speaker: Lei Chang, Nov 24, 2017) 2. Active contributions
from approximately 20 different community   contributors since the
last report.3. Three committer candidates passed the voting process:
1) Amy BAI   2) ChunLing WANG    3) Hongxu MA   How has the project
developed since the last report?1. The scope of 2.3 release is
finalized, and is under development  1) New Feature: HAWQ Ranger
supports RPS HA.  (Done)  2) New Feature: HAWQ Ranger supports
Kerberos authentication. (Done)  3) New Feature: HAWQ Core supports
plugable external storage framework. (Almost Done HAWQ-786)  4) New
Feature: HAWQ Core supports HDFS TDE (Transparent Data Encryption)
through libHdfs3. (Done, HAWQ-1193)  5) Licenses: Fix PXF license
files located in PXF jar files. (Done HAWQ-1496)  6) Licenses: Check
Apache HAWQ mandatory libraries to match LC20, LC30 license criteria.
(Not started HAWQ-1512)  7) Build: Release build project (On going
HAWQ-127)  8) Bug fixes. (On going)Project page link:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/HAWQ/Apache+HAWQ+2.3.0.0-incubating+Release
    How would you assess the podling's maturity?Please feel free to
add your own commentary.  [ ] Initial setup  [ ] Working towards first
release  [ ] Community building  [X] Nearing graduation  [ ]
Other:Date of last release:  2017-07-12, Apache HAWQ 2.2.0.0  When
were the last committers or PPMC members elected?   1) Amy BAI:  Nov
1, 2017   2) ChunLing WANG: Nov 1, 2017   3) Hongxu MA: Nov 4,
2017Signed-off-by:  [ ](hawq) Alan Gates     Comments:  [ ](hawq)
Konstantin Boudnik     Comments:  [ ](hawq) Justin Erenkrantz
Comments:  [ ](hawq) Thejas Nair     Comments:  [ ](hawq) Roman
Shaposhnik     Comments: IPMC/Shepherd notes: