hawq-dev mailing list archives

From Wen Lin <w...@pivotal.io>
Subject Re: New Committer: Amy Bai
Date Wed, 01 Nov 2017 06:18:34 GMT
Her contribution includes (but not limited to):

*Direct contribution to code base:*

   - 23 commits in total with some major components in hawq involved,
   including contributions to hawq tde , hawq planner , hawq resource manager
   and some critical bugs. https://github.com/apach
   e/incubator-hawq/commits?author=amyrazz44
   <https://github.com/apache/incubator-hawq/commits?author=amyrazz44>
   - 21 closed PRs: https://github.com/apache/incubator-hawq/pulls?utf8=%E2
   %9C%93&q=is%3Apr%20is%3Aclosed%20author%3Aamyrazz44
   <https://github.com/apache/incubator-hawq/pulls?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=is%3Apr%20is%3Aclosed%20author%3Aamyrazz44>
   - Design doc for TDE:HAWQ_TDE_Design_ver0.2 .pdf
   <https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/attachment/12844669/HAWQ_TDE_Design_ver0.2%20.pdf>

   - 9 improvements including documentation, test, build, command line
   tools, code refactor.

   - HAWQ-1310 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HAWQ-1310> Reformat
      resource_negotiator().
      - HAWQ-1315 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HAWQ-1315> Fix
      wrong info in validateResourcePoolStatus().
      - HAWQ-1333 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HAWQ-1333> Change
      access mode of source files for HAWQ.
      - HAWQ-1323 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HAWQ-1323> Fix
      access mode of files in adding license header.
      - HAWQ-1323 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HAWQ-1323> Add
      license header added to each source file.
      - HAWQ-1126 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HAWQ-1126> Disable
      feature test case of ExternalTable.
      - HAWQ-960 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HAWQ-960> Remove
      the file BUILD_INSTRUCTIONS.md and move the content in it to README.md
      - HAWQ-1148 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HAWQ-1148> Update
      gtest-parallel to make sure test case can run in both parallel way and
      serial way.
      - HAWQ-955 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HAWQ-955> Add
      scripts for feature test running in parallel.
      -
      - 5 bug fixes including share input scan, resource manager, parser,
   planner components.
      - HAWQ-1371 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HAWQ-1371> Fix QE
      process hung in shared input scan.
      - HAWQ-1458 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HAWQ-1458> Fix
      share input scan bug for writer part.
      - HAWQ-1317 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HAWQ-1317> Fix
      some regex issues with out-of-range characters and large char ranges.
      - HAWQ-858 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HAWQ-858> Fix
      parser to understand case/when expression in group by.
      - HAWQ-1162 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HAWQ-1162>
      Resource manager does not reference dynamic minimum water level of each
      segment when it times out YARN containers.

   - 7 subtask mainly focus on hawq tde implementation.
      - HAWQ-1511 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HAWQ-1511>  Add
      TDE-related properties into hdfs-client.xml.
      - HAWQ-1509 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HAWQ-1509> Support
      TDE read function.
      - HAWQ-1502 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HAWQ-1502> Add
      verification to support TDE write function.
      - HAWQ-1502 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HAWQ-1502> Support
       TDE write function
      - HAWQ-1501 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HAWQ-1501> Support
      TDE by adding KmsClientProvider class.
      - HAWQ-1500 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HAWQ-1500> Support
      TDE by adding common class HttpClient.
      - HAWQ-1518 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HAWQ-1518> Add a
      UDF for showing whether the data directory is an encryption zone.

*Indirect contributions to code base: *
Provides a lot of valuable comments for PRs and help improve the quality of
the codes.
Reviewed for 29 closed RPs: https://github.com/apache
/incubator-hawq/pulls?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=is%3Apr%20commenter%3Aamyrazz44

*Mailing List:*
About 16 emails until now, related to answering questions, discussions etc.
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-hawq-dev

*JIRA:*
29 JIRAs are created and assigned with most of them mapping to PRs above.
28 JIRAs are closed and 1 JIRAs are in progress (opened pull requests).
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HAWQ-1511?jql=project%
20%3D%20HAWQ%20AND%20(reporter%20in%20(abai)%20OR%20assignee%20in%20(abai))