hawq-dev mailing list archives

From Radar Lei <r...@pivotal.io>
Subject Re: HAWQ-421 - Proposal to remove references of GPHOME and greenplum_path.sh
Date Tue, 05 Sep 2017 10:07:18 GMT
Hi Shubham,

I would recommend we hold on this change until we have fully understanding
of the affects and the benefit we can get.

I can think about below items:

   - Require a lot of changes to development CI and Test cases.
   - Require changes of user defined scripts and cases.
   - Might affect the user who are using GPDB clients to access HAWQ.
   - Might affect other projects which are related to HAWQ, e.g. Madlib.
   - It's better to have such changes at a major release, like 3.0.

So this is my opinion, welcome other comments. Thanks.

Regards,
Radar