hawq-dev mailing list archives

From Vineet Goel <vvin...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Apache HAWQ 2.3.0.0 release plan
Date Thu, 20 Jul 2017 05:52:14 GMT
Hi Yi,

Thank you for the initiative. I have some feedback that we can discuss here
and collect further input on.

a) Putting a timeline on releases (such as October 31st here) may have some
downsides to the process. My thoughts are that more frequent releases give
users access to features and fixes faster, from a stable branch. Release
momentum is good to have in any project. For instance, master branch is
already 75+ commits ahead of 2.2.0.0-incubating, since that branch was cut
a a couple of months back.

b) Also, it may help to add Umbrella JIRAs on that page, associated to the
new features. If certain features are too large to finish in a given
release, they can always ride the next release vehicle.

It would be good to hear thoughts from others.

Thanks!
Vineet