hawq-dev mailing list archives

From David Yozie <dyo...@pivotal.io>
Subject Re: Hawq repositories
Date Wed, 07 Jun 2017 16:07:22 GMT
One point of concern with the above plan is that merging the docs commit
history will introduce a number of commit message that don't follow the
current standard in place for incubator-hawq.  Although most of the docs
commit messages use a Jira ID and title, many smaller fixes do not.  See
https://github.com/apache/incubator-hawq-docs/commits/master for the list
of commits to merge.

Overall, I feel that we should still preserve the docs commit history as
it's important to see how Jiras were addressed in docs, and to understand
how the docs have evolved over time.  But I wanted to put this up for
discussion in case there were other thoughts about how to handle this.

-David