hawq-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Radar Da lei <r...@pivotal.io>
Subject Re: [VOTE]: Apache HAWQ 2.2.0.0-incubating Release (RC3)
Date Wed, 28 Jun 2017 13:50:01 GMT
+1

I downloaded the source code tarball, RAT check passed. Compiled, installed
and initialized HAWQ successfully. InstallCheck-good tests passed.

I also downloaded the binary release tarball, installed all the packages by
following the wiki page on a clean redhat 7 vm:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/HAWQ/Build+Package+and+Install+with+RPM
After installed the binary packages, I initialized hdfs and hawq
successfully, basic queries passed. Also verified the
License/Notice/DISCLAIMER files are installed with the binary packages.






Regards,
Radar

On Wed, Jun 28, 2017 at 11:44 AM, Ruilong Huo <huor@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
>
> This is the vote for Apache HAWQ (incubating) 2.2.0.0-incubating Release
> Candidate 3 (RC3). It is a source release for HAWQ core, PXF, and Ranger;
> and binary release for HAWQ core, and PXF. We have rpm package for the
> binary release. Though it is not perfect to have binary tarball absent, we
> can add that in the future binary release if there is demand in the
> community.
>
>
> The vote will run for at least 72 hours and will close on Saturday, July
> 1, 2017.
>
>
> 1. Issue fixed in RC3:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HAWQ-1475: Add LICENSE, NOTICE, and
> DISCLAIMER files for c/c++ components for Apache HAWQ binary release
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HAWQ-1489: Fix PXF jar files, add
> LICENSE, NOTICE, and DISCLAIMER files for Apache HAWQ binary release
>
>
> 2. Wiki page of the release:
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/HAWQ/Apache+HAWQ+2.2.0.0-
> incubating+Release
>
>
> 3. Release Notes (Apache Jira generated):
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?
> projectId=12318826&version=12339641
>
>
> 4. Release verification steps can be found at:
> For source tarball: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/HAWQ/
> Release+Process%3A+Step+by+step+guide#ReleaseProcess:Stepbystepguide-
> ValidatetheReleaseCandidate
> For rpm package: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/HAWQ/Build+
> Package+and+Install+with+RPM
>
>
> 5. The tag to be voted on: 2.2.0.0-incubating-rc3 (
> c08aa560a65af25f1357fc49d736407aff124d05), located here:
> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-hawq.git;a=commit;h=
> c08aa560a65af25f1357fc49d736407aff124d05
>
>
> 6. Git release branch:
> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-hawq.
> git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/2.2.0.0-incubating
>
>
> 7. Source release:
> Package: https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/hawq/2.2.0.
> 0-incubating.RC3/apache-hawq-src-2.2.0.0-incubating.tar.gz
> PGP Signature: https://dist.apache.org/repos/
> dist/dev/incubator/hawq/2.2.0.0-incubating.RC3/apache-hawq-
> src-2.2.0.0-incubating.tar.gz.asc
> SHA256 Hash: https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/hawq/2.2.0.
> 0-incubating.RC3/apache-hawq-src-2.2.0.0-incubating.tar.gz.sha256
> MD5 Hash: https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/hawq/2.2.0.
> 0-incubating.RC3/apache-hawq-src-2.2.0.0-incubating.tar.gz.md5
>
>
> 8. Binary release:
> Package: https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/hawq/2.2.0.
> 0-incubating.RC3/apache-hawq-rpm-2.2.0.0-incubating.tar.gz
> PGP Signature: https://dist.apache.org/repos/
> dist/dev/incubator/hawq/2.2.0.0-incubating.RC3/apache-hawq-
> rpm-2.2.0.0-incubating.tar.gz.asc
> SHA256 Hash: https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/hawq/2.2.0.
> 0-incubating.RC3/apache-hawq-rpm-2.2.0.0-incubating.tar.gz.sha256
> MD5 Hash: https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/hawq/2.2.0.
> 0-incubating.RC3/apache-hawq-rpm-2.2.0.0-incubating.tar.gz.md5
>
>
> 9. Keys to verify the signature of the release artifact are available at:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/hawq/KEYS
>
>
> 10. The artifact(s) has been signed with Key ID: 1B8B6872
>
>
>
>
> Please vote accordingly:
> [ ] +1 approve
> [ ] +0 no opinion
> [ ] -1 disapprove (and reason why)
>
>
> Best regards,
> Ruilong Huo

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message