hawq-dev mailing list archives

From Wenbin Lu <luwenbin...@gmail.com>
Subject HAWQ psql does not change the current session search_path
Date Sun, 11 Jun 2017 10:39:54 GMT
Hi all,

I create some schema using "create schema testschema1".
I set the search_path for db1 to the new schema using "alter database db1
set search_path to testschema1".

The current session does not have the latest schema when I use "select
current_schema()", still shows "public". Only when I log out and login
again, the "select current_schema() shows the correct schema, which is
"testschema1".

When I delete the schema and use "alter database db1 set search_path to
public", this also doesn't work and the later table creation will fail.

Do I miss something to refresh the HAWQ setting after I change the
search_path for the current database? If there is, how to do it?

Or is it a bug?

Thanks!

Regards,
Lu Wenbin