hawq-dev mailing list archives

From Ruilong Huo <r...@pivotal.io>
Subject Re: Layout of LICENSE, NOTICE, and DISCLAIMER files for Apache HAWQ 2.2.0.0-incubating rpm binary release
Date Fri, 26 May 2017 15:11:24 GMT
Hi Roman,

Thanks for your feedback!

We will merge the license information for the C/C++ components and prepare
LICENSE and NOTICE files accordingly.

As for JSON in PXF which is incompatible with ASL v2, the fix is to replace
it with some library which is compatible or remove it?

Furthermore, Hongxu helped to get the license information for Ranger as
well and it turns out that there two dependencies with GPL license which is
also not compatible with ASL v2:

1. stax-api-1.0-2.jar (GPL): StAX is a standard XML processing API that
allows you to stream XML data from and to your application.

2. jaxb-impl-2.2.3-1.jar (CDDL 1.1 GPL 2.0): Old JAXB Runtime module.
Contains sources required for runtime processing.

They are actually directly required by hadoop common and thus is indirectly
required by HAWQ Ranger. They are bundled hawq binary during packaging with
maven. Further check in hadoop binary shows that they are bundled as well.
However, the LICENSE in hadoop binary does not include them. Would you
please shed some light on how to handle this case? Thanks.

Best regards,
Ruilong Huo