hawq-dev mailing list archives

From Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>
Subject Re: Layout of LICENSE, NOTICE, and DISCLAIMER files for Apache HAWQ 2.2.0.0-incubating rpm binary release
Date Fri, 26 May 2017 23:32:05 GMT
On Fri, May 26, 2017 at 8:11 AM, Ruilong Huo <rhuo@pivotal.io> wrote:
> Hi Roman,
>
> Thanks for your feedback!
>
> We will merge the license information for the C/C++ components and prepare
> LICENSE and NOTICE files accordingly.

Great! Let me know when can I review the actual files.

> As for JSON in PXF which is incompatible with ASL v2, the fix is to replace
> it with some library which is compatible or remove it?

Correct. Here's a list of alternative libraries you should start migrating to:
   https://wiki.debian.org/qa.debian.org/jsonevil

There's also http://johnzon.apache.org/

And finally:

<dependency>
  <groupId>com.tdunning</groupId>
  <artifactId>json</artifactId>
  <version>1.0</version>
</dependency>

> Furthermore, Hongxu helped to get the license information for Ranger as
> well and it turns out that there two dependencies with GPL license which is
> also not compatible with ASL v2:
>
> 1. stax-api-1.0-2.jar (GPL): StAX is a standard XML processing API that
> allows you to stream XML data from and to your application.
>
> 2. jaxb-impl-2.2.3-1.jar (CDDL 1.1 GPL 2.0): Old JAXB Runtime module.
> Contains sources required for runtime processing.
>
> They are actually directly required by hadoop common and thus is indirectly
> required by HAWQ Ranger.

I still need to double check it -- but I think those just bring in the
APIs which
get replaced during the runtime. Will take a deeper look, though.

> They are bundled hawq binary during packaging with
> maven.

Wait. Where are they bundled? I don't see them as part of PXF?

Thanks,
Roman.