hawq-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Lirong Jian <jianlir...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [jira] [Created] (HAWQ-1428) Table name pg_aoseg_$relfilenode does not change after running truncate command
Date Mon, 10 Apr 2017 02:51:17 GMT
I am not sure the table name is made up as "pg_aoseg_$relfilenode". There
is another possibility: the table name is made up as "pg_aoseg_$table_oid".
For the truncate case, the relfilenode has been updated, but the table oid
is kept as the same. If the latter one is true, then the behavior you
mentioned is valid.

Please have a double check.

Lirong

Lirong Jian
HashData Inc.

2017-04-10 10:43 GMT+08:00 Lili Ma (JIRA) <jira@apache.org>:

> Lili Ma created HAWQ-1428:
> -----------------------------
>
>              Summary: Table name pg_aoseg_$relfilenode does not change
> after running truncate command
>                  Key: HAWQ-1428
>                  URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HAWQ-1428
>              Project: Apache HAWQ
>           Issue Type: Bug
>           Components: Core
>             Reporter: Lili Ma
>             Assignee: Ed Espino
>
>
> The table pg_aoseg.pg_aoseg(paqseg)_$relfilenode describes the
> information of file stored on HDFS for AO table and Parquet table. To make
> users easily find this catalog table, the suffix should equal the
> relfilenode for this table.
>
> After running truncate command, the relfilenode field for this table
> changed, but pg_aoseg_$ table name was not changed.
>
> Reproduce Steps:
> {code}
> postgres=# create table a(a int);
> CREATE TABLE
> postgres=# insert into a values(51);
> INSERT 0 1
> postgres=# select oid, * from pg_class where relname='a';
>   oid  | relname | relnamespace | reltype | relowner | relam | relfilenode
> | reltablespace | relpages | reltuples | reltoastrelid | reltoastidxid |
> relaosegrelid | relaosegidxid | relhasindex | relisshared | relkind |
> relstorage | relnatts | relchecks | reltriggers | relukeys | relfkeys |
> relrefs | relhasoids | relhaspkey | relhasrules | relhassubclass |
> relfrozenxid | relacl |    reloptions
> -------+---------+--------------+---------+----------+------
> -+-------------+---------------+----------+-----------+-----
> ----------+---------------+---------------+---------------+-
> ------------+-------------+---------+------------+----------
> +-----------+-------------+----------+----------+---------+-
> -----------+------------+-------------+----------------+----
> ----------+--------+-------------------
>  61269 | a       |         2200 |   61270 |       10 |     0 |       61269
> |             0 |        1 |         1 |             0 |             0 |
>          0 |             0 | f           | f           | r       | a
>   |        1 |         0 |           0 |        0 |        0 |       0 | f
>         | f          | f           | f              |        16214 |
> | {appendonly=true}
> (1 row)
>
> postgres=# select oid, * from pg_class, pg_appendonly where
> pg_appendonly.relid=61269 and pg_appendonly.segrelid=pg_class.oid;
>   oid  |    relname     | relnamespace | reltype | relowner | relam |
> relfilenode | reltablespace | relpages | reltuples | reltoastrelid |
> reltoastidxid | relaosegrelid | relaosegidxid | relhasindex | relisshared |
> relkind | relstorage | relnatts | relchecks | reltriggers | relukeys |
> relfkeys | relrefs | relhasoids | relhaspkey | relhasrules | relhassubclass
> | relfrozenxid | relacl | reloptions | relid | blocksize | safefswritesize
> | compresslevel | majorversion | minorversion | checksum | compresstype |
> columnstore | segrelid | segidxid | blkdirrelid | blkdiridxid | version |
> pagesize | splitsize
> -------+----------------+--------------+---------+----------
> +-------+-------------+---------------+----------+----------
> -+---------------+---------------+---------------+----------
> -----+-------------+-------------+---------+------------+---
> -------+-----------+-------------+----------+----------+----
> -----+------------+------------+-------------+--------------
> --+--------------+--------+------------+-------+-----------+
> -----------------+---------------+--------------+-----------
> ---+----------+--------------+-------------+----------+-----
> -----+-------------+-------------+---------+----------+-----------
>  61271 | pg_aoseg_61269 |         6104 |   61272 |       10 |     0 |
>  61271 |             0 |        0 |         0 |             0 |
>  0 |             0 |             0 | t           | f           | o       |
> h          |        5 |         0 |           0 |        0 |        0 |
>    0 | f          | t          | f           | f              |
> 16214 |        |            | 61269 |     32768 |               0 |
>      0 |            2 |            0 | f        |              | f
>  |    61271 |    61273 |           0 |           0 |       2 |        0 |
> 67108864
> (1 row)
>
> postgres=# truncate a;
> TRUNCATE TABLE
> postgres=# select oid, * from pg_class where relname='a';
>                       oid  | relname | relnamespace | reltype | relowner |
> relam | relfilenode | reltablespace | relpages | reltuples | reltoastrelid
> | reltoastidxid | relaosegrelid | relaosegidxid | relhasindex | relisshared
> | relkind | relstorage | relnatts | relchecks | reltriggers | relukeys |
> relfkeys | relrefs | relhasoids | relhaspkey | relhasrules | relhassubclass
> | relfrozenxid | relacl |    reloptions
> -------+---------+--------------+---------+----------+------
> -+-------------+---------------+----------+-----------+-----
> ----------+---------------+---------------+---------------+-
> ------------+-------------+---------+------------+----------
> +-----------+-------------+----------+----------+---------+-
> -----------+------------+-------------+----------------+----
> ----------+--------+-------------------
>  61269 | a       |         2200 |   61270 |       10 |     0 |       61274
> |             0 |        0 |         0 |             0 |             0 |
>          0 |             0 | f           | f           | r       | a
>   |        1 |         0 |           0 |        0 |        0 |       0 | f
>         | f          | f           | f              |        16214 |
> | {appendonly=true}
> (1 row)
>
> postgres=# select oid, * from pg_class, pg_appendonly where
> pg_appendonly.relid=61269 and pg_appendonly.segrelid=pg_class.oid;
>   oid  |    relname     | relnamespace | reltype | relowner | relam |
> relfilenode | reltablespace | relpages | reltuples | reltoastrelid |
> reltoastidxid | relaosegrelid | relaosegidxid | relhasindex | relisshared |
> relkind | relstorage | relnatts | relchecks | reltriggers | relukeys |
> relfkeys | relrefs | relhasoids | relhaspkey | relhasrules | relhassubclass
> | relfrozenxid | relacl | reloptions | relid | blocksize | safefswritesize
> | compresslevel | majorversion | minorversion | checksum | compresstype |
> columnstore | segrelid | segidxid | blkdirrelid | blkdiridxid | version |
> pagesize | splitsize
> -------+----------------+--------------+---------+----------
> +-------+-------------+---------------+----------+----------
> -+---------------+---------------+---------------+----------
> -----+-------------+-------------+---------+------------+---
> -------+-----------+-------------+----------+----------+----
> -----+------------+------------+-------------+--------------
> --+--------------+--------+------------+-------+-----------+
> -----------------+---------------+--------------+-----------
> ---+----------+--------------+-------------+----------+-----
> -----+-------------+-------------+---------+----------+-----------
>  61271 | pg_aoseg_61269 |         6104 |   61272 |       10 |     0 |
>  61275 |             0 |        0 |         0 |             0 |
>  0 |             0 |             0 | t           | f           | o       |
> h          |        5 |         0 |           0 |        0 |        0 |
>    0 | f          | t          | f           | f              |
> 16214 |        |            | 61269 |     32768 |               0 |
>      0 |            2 |            0 | f        |              | f
>  |    61271 |    61273 |           0 |           0 |       2 |        0 |
> 67108864
> (1 row)
> {code}
>
> Since relfilenode has changed to 61274, we should change the table name to
> "pg_aoseg_61274" instead of keeping it as "pg_aoseg_61269"
>
>
>
> --
> This message was sent by Atlassian JIRA
> (v6.3.15#6346)
>

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message