hawq-dev mailing list archives

From Chunling Wang <wangchunlin...@126.com>
Subject Can not using PXF and HCatalog to query Hive
Date Mon, 20 Mar 2017 10:57:50 GMT
Hi all,
Now I have some problems when query Hive using PXF and HCatalog. I create an AWS agent installing
HAWQ and Hive with Ambari. When I try to access table data in Hive through PXF, I get the
error showing as below:

postgres=# select * from hcatalog.default.a;
ERROR:  remote component error (500) from '127.0.0.1:51200':  type  Exception report   message
  Unable to find output format by given class name: null    description   The server encountered
an internal error that prevented it from fulfilling this request.    exception   org.apache.hawq.pxf.api.UnsupportedTypeException:
Unable to find output format by given class name: null (libchurl.c:897)
postgres=# \d+ hcatalog.default.a
ERROR:  remote component error (500) from '127.0.0.1:51200':  type  Exception report   message
  Unable to find output format by given class name: null    description   The server encountered
an internal error that prevented it from fulfilling this request.    exception   org.apache.hawq.pxf.api.UnsupportedTypeException:
Unable to find output format by given class name: null (libchurl.c:897)

But I can get the detail table messages through ‘\d hcatalog.default.*’:
postgres=# \d+ hcatalog.default.*
 PXF Hive Table "default.a"
 Column | Type | Source type
--------+------+-------------
 id     | int4 | int

 PXF Hive Table "default.b"
 Column | Type | Source type
--------+------+-------------
 id     | int4 | int

   PXF Hive Table "default.sales_info"
      Column      |  Type  | Source type
------------------+--------+-------------
 number_of_orders | int4   | int
 total_sales      | float8 | double
 month            | text   | string
 location         | text   | string

The table in Hive is showing below:
$ sudo -u hive hive
Logging initialized using configuration in file:/etc/hive/2.5.3.0-37/0/hive-log4j.properties
hive> show tables;
OK
sales_info
Time taken: 1.443 seconds, Fetched: 3 row(s)
hive>

And I have tried to access HDFS file data through creating external table in HAWQ and using
PXF. It worked well.
So do you meet this error before and have any ideas to resolve it?

Thanks a lot!

Chunling