hawq-dev mailing list archives

From Bob Glithero <rglith...@pivotal.io>
Subject REMINDER - MADlib Community call - Thursday, March 23 @ 11:30 am
Date Thu, 23 Mar 2017 17:00:03 GMT
Dear MADlib, HAWQ, and Greenplum Communities,

Reminder that we are organizing a MADlib Virtual Community Meeting
Thursday, March 23 at 11:30AM Pacific (18:30 GMT).   We hope to see you
there!

Join the meeting here: https://pivotal.zoom.us/j/820746991

Add to your calendar: https://
www.google.com/calendar/event?eid=b2xldjc1ODQ2dnJvZmhvbnMyMHNwOXM3MzAgcmdsaXRoZXJvQHBpdm90YWwuaW8&ctz=
America/Los_Angeles

For this meeting, we'll be describing and demonstrating new capabilities of
1.10 including:

* New modules: single source shortest path, the first algorithm in graph
processing in MADlib.  Also new encoding categorical variables, K-nearest
neighbors.

* Improvements to existing modules:  add grouping support to elastic net
and PCA, add cross validation to elastic net, array input for K-means,
verbose output option for decision trees and random forest, limit itemset
size in association rules, various madpack installer improvements

Finally, we’ll spend a little time discussing the upcoming 1.11 release.

Release notes can be found here:

*https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MADLIB/MADlib+1.10
<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MADLIB/MADlib+1.10>*

Software: