hawq-dev mailing list archives

From Ruilong Huo <h...@apache.org>
Subject Apache HAWQ 2.2.0.0-incubating release plan and timeframe
Date Fri, 10 Mar 2017 05:28:27 GMT
Hi HAWQ Community,

It's time to get the Apache HAWQ Incubator third release moving along. In
the spirit of Agile
methodologies, we will continue to have regular and frequent releases, in
an iterative manner.
This will allow us to: 1) refine both source and binary delivery processes;
2) improve the
installation process for users; 3) introduce Apache BigTop and ODPI
integration.

The following release plan is now open for discussion.

Scope: I plan to have source and binary artifact published with this
release. With small and
focused target, it will include hawq core, pxf, ranger. I expect this to be
a rather short release
cycle.

Here is the general plan, please provide feedback.

 o Release scope
   - Source and binary release
   - Binary using rpm package with Red Hat 7 and CentOS 7 as target platform
   - Binary contain hawq core, pxf, and ranger

 o Release version
   - Apache HAWQ 2.2.0.0-incubator

 o Content
     o Ranger integration
     o Red Hat 7 and CentOS 7 support
     o PXF ORC enhancement
     o Bug Fixes

 o Release timeline

   3/20/2017

   - Publish Apache Jira project dashboards

     o Apache HAWQ 2.2.0.0 Release

     o Apache HAWQ Incubator Metrics (not necessarily related to
       release but helpful to see project activity)

     o Un-resolved issues marked with a Fix Version of
       "2.2.0.0-incubating" will have their Fix Version updated
       to 2.3.0.0-incubating (next release version). The next
       release version may change, I am recommending we use this
       for now and adjust in the future as needed.

   3/21/2017 - Code Freeze Activities

   - Perform code based release activities
   - Create the source release artifacts

   3/23/2017 - Send release to dev team for voting with a 72 hours window

   TBD - Send to IPMC for voting

Please provide feedback so we can get the release rolling.