hawq-dev mailing list archives

From Kyle Dunn <kd...@pivotal.io>
Subject Re: Issue : hawq init cluster
Date Tue, 21 Mar 2017 15:24:15 GMT
Re-sending to Ketan + dev list.

Hi *Ketan* -

Usually when I've encountered this issue it was one (or a combination) of
the following:

- residual "postgres" processes from a previous initdb attempt
- non-empty /data/hawq_{default,data}/ directory
- non-empty /data/hawq/{master,segment} directories

Usually a "pkill -11 -f silent" will take care of the first, the others are
handled by just emptying those directories and ru-running init.

-Kyle

On Tue, Mar 21, 2017 at 12:27 AM Ketan Kunde <ketan_kunde@persistent.com>
wrote:

> Hi ,
>
> I have built hawq on rhel 7.1 platform with s390x processor.
> I have tested hdfs to work fine before initializing hawq.
> I have also verified my ssh connection by sshing to the localhost.
>
> When is start initializing  hawq I get the below error.
>

> 20170321:01:57:54:087176 hawq_init:ecos0013:ketan-[ERROR]:-sync
> hawq-site.xml failed.
> 20170321:01:57:54:087176 hawq_init:ecos0013:ketan-[ERROR]:-Set
> default_hash_table_bucket_number failed
>
> Some inputs , pointers to resolve the above would be very helpful.
>
> Regards
> Ketan Kunde
>

> DISCLAIMER
> mails.
>
> --
*Kyle Dunn | Data Engineering | Pivotal*
Direct: 303.905.3171 <3039053171> | Email: kdunn@pivotal.io