hawq-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Guo <paul...@gmail.com>
Subject Fwd: Apache HAWQ graduation update (Mar 1st, 2017)
Date Wed, 01 Mar 2017 12:09:02 GMT
Hello everyone,

I'd update some progress for the graduation.

1. Apache HAWQ 2.1.0.0-incubating has been released. This is the 2nd
release for our project. It is a source release. You could download from
the page below.
    http://hawq.incubator.apache.org/

2. We have three new committers: Lisa Owen, Jane Beckman and Kyle Dunn.

3. We checked some old PRs and reduced those old PRs to 2. We expect PRs
could be handled in short time.

4. We had a discussion about version and had decided to not force a sync
with the Pivotal HDB release version.

5. We finalised the document about how to handle the security
vulnerabilities and published on the wiki page.
    https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/HAWQ/Contributing+to+HAWQ

6. We created an open source document and linked to it on the home page.
Anyone is welcome to contribute to either the document or the site page.
    https://github.com/apache/incubator-hawq-docs
    https://github.com/apache/incubator-hawq-site

7. We uploaded the design document for the Ranger support and the TDE
support.
    https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/HAWQ/Tech+Documents
    We expect that anyone could put the design documents and tech internals
there in the future.

Next steps:

1. We'd need to have a binary release as the next one - I think this should
be prioritised.
2. We may need to have a more-friendly roadmap.

Thanks.