hawq-dev mailing list archives

From Dino Bukvic <dbuk...@pivotal.io>
Subject Re: Impact on HAWQ when used with Multi-Homed Nodes
Date Wed, 08 Feb 2017 16:03:02 GMT
Hi Lei,

I am not sure that NIC bonding is possible in this case.
Please see this statement email from the customer:
"The reason the HAWQ/Hadoop solution needs to be connected to two separated
VLAN’s is because it is used from our private cloud and our regular
applications.
Both have their own VLAN’s which are not routable to each other. This means
the HAWQ nodes need to listen on both VLAN’s from a separated NIC."

I am aware that there are binding parameters in YARN, HDFS, MR, HBASE that
would support his case. How would HAWQ master need to be configured to
listen to both NICs if they are not bonded?

Regards,

Dino Bukvic *|* Advisory Solutions Architect *|* PDE EMEA *|* Pivotal
*mail *dbukvic@pivotal.io *web* www.pivotal.io
*mobile* +49 (0)152 03459731

GoPivotal Deutschland GmbH
Hauptverwaltung und Sitz: Am Kronberger Hang 2a, 65824 Schwalbach/Ts.
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Königstein im Taunus, HRB 8433
Geschäftsführer: Andrew Michael Cohen, Paul Thomas Dacier

<http://www.pivotal.io/>