hawq-dev mailing list archives

From Ruilong Huo <r...@pivotal.io>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Switch HAWQ to Java 8
Date Fri, 03 Feb 2017 06:34:55 GMT
Hi Alex,

It support java 7 and 8 in apache hadoop 2.7.x while it only support java 8
in hadoop 3.x.
It is great to do a certification with java 8 in hawq since: 1) hawq
support hadoop 2.7.x; and 2) java 7 and 8 is forward compatible.

The component might be impacted is pxf, pl/java, etc. Is there anything you
have done with java 8 in hawq? Thanks.

Best regards,
Ruilong Huo