hawq-dev mailing list archives

From Gagan Brahmi <gaganbra...@gmail.com>
Subject HAWQ Upgarde Issues
Date Fri, 03 Feb 2017 03:11:11 GMT
Hi All,

I tried to upgrade from HDB 2.0.0.0 to HDB 2.0.1.0. The upgrade went fine
as per the mentioned documentation. However, I am seeing some odd behavior
around PXF Hive integration via HCatalog.

When I try to describe the Hive table (or list the fields) using PXF
HCatalog integration it seems to run into issues. The expected fields out
of the function pxf_get_item_fields still seems to be 4. I know the newer
HDB 2.0.1.0 returns 5 fields from this function.

However, the data access seems to be alright and no issues encountered
there.

The following is how my testing looks like.

---------

postgres=# \d hcatalog.default.hive_table
ERROR:  function return row and query-specified return row do not match
DETAIL:  Returned row contains 5 attributes, but query expects 4.

postgres=# \d hcatalog.default.*
ERROR:  function return row and query-specified return row do not match
DETAIL:  Returned row contains 5 attributes, but query expects 4.

postgres=# \d hcatalog.*.*
ERROR:  function return row and query-specified return row do not match
DETAIL:  Returned row contains 5 attributes, but query expects 4.

postgres=# SELECT * FROM pxf_get_item_fields('Hive','default.hive_table');
ERROR:  function return row and query-specified return row do not match
DETAIL:  Returned row contains 5 attributes, but query expects 4.

---------

The following is the expected result from a HDB 2.0.1.0 cluster. This is a
clean install 2.0.1.0 cluster (not an upgrade).

---------

postgres=# SELECT * FROM pxf_get_item_fields('Hive','default.hive_table');
  path   |  itemname  | fieldname | fieldtype | sourcefieldtype
 default | hive_table | id        | int4      | int
 default | hive_table | fname     | text      | string
 default | hive_table | lname     | text      | string
(3 rows)

---------

Is this a known issue? Am I missing something here?

Regards,
Gagan Brahmi