hawq-dev mailing list archives

From "Alex (Oleksandr) Diachenko" <odiache...@pivotal.io>
Subject HAWQ upgrade command
Date Sat, 11 Feb 2017 02:27:17 GMT
Hi,

I saw HAWQ-1171 was merged to master recently, and I am trying to figure
out how it works.
The scripts drops gp_relfile_insert_for_register procedure if it exists and
creates it again using latest signature.

I tried it out and it worked for me in a case when
gp_relfile_insert_for_register doesn't exist.
But in case when gp_relfile_insert_for_register exist I am getting:

*ERROR:  cannot drop function
gp_relfile_insert_for_register(oid,oid,oid,oid,oid,cstring,character,character,oid)
because it is required by the database system*

Is it even intended to be run when procedure exists? Do I have to set any
GUCs to make it work?

Regards, Alex.