hawq-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Pearce <Michael.Pea...@ig.com>
Subject Re: Apache HAWQ & Pivotal HDB release alignment
Date Thu, 16 Feb 2017 09:25:22 GMT
-1

Whilst I agree that version alignment is important for Pivotal and users of HDB (my own self
being a HDP client).

We have to remember this is an open source Apache project and Pivotal are providing a downstream
supported version, surely this should be a case of Pivotal aligning to the Apache Version,
not the other-way around.

Likewise, if any other company wished to provide a supported bundle of HAWQ, then I wouldn’t
expect the open source Apache project to change their versioning for a commercial enterprise.
I see this much the same way multiple companies support postgres.

Cheers
Mike

On 16/02/2017, 06:06, "Lili Ma" <lilima@apache.org> wrote:

    +1 for version alignment

    > Looks a good plan for the version alignment. +1
    >
    > Best regards,
    > Ruilong Huo
    >
    > On Thu, Feb 16, 2017 at 1:09 PM, Yandong Yao <yyao@pivotal.io> wrote:
    >
    > > +1 for consistence
    > >
    > > On Thu, Feb 16, 2017 at 10:40 AM, Ed Espino <espino@apache.org> wrote:
    > >
    > > > +1 to this recommendation. It has been a bit confusing keeping track of
    > > > versions. The Apache HAWQ version update is fairly simple. Now is the
    > > time
    > > > to make such an update. I imagine it will get harder the more time
    > passes
    > > > on and the more the community grows.
    > > >
    > > > This will impact Jira versioning for our upcoming Apache HAWQ
    > incubating
    > > > release. I will take care of that as part of the release process.
    > > >
    > > > Thanks,
    > > > -=e

    > > expressed
    > HAWQ
    > > users
    > > > of
    > > > HAWQ

    > > team
    > HAWQ
    > > > commercial
    > > > result
    > > user
    > communities
    > > > commercial

    > doing
    > > (versus
    > > Would
    > > change
    > > believe
    > significantly.

    > > > --
    > > > *Ed Espino*
    > > > *espino@apache.org <espino@apache.org>*
    > > >

    > > --
    > > Best Regards,
    > > Yandong

The information contained in this email is strictly confidential and for the use of the addressee
only, unless otherwise indicated. If you are not the intended recipient, please do not read,
copy, use or disclose to others this message or any attachment. Please also notify the sender
by replying to this email or by telephone (+44(020 7896 0011) and then delete the email and
any copies of it. Opinions, conclusion (etc) that do not relate to the official business of
this company shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by it. IG is a trading name
of IG Markets Limited (a company registered in England and Wales, company number 04008957)
and IG Index Limited (a company registered in England and Wales, company number 01190902).
Registered address at Cannon Bridge House, 25 Dowgate Hill, London EC4R 2YA. Both IG Markets
Limited (register number 195355) and IG Index Limited (register number 114059) are authorised
and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.