hawq-dev mailing list archives

From Ed Espino <esp...@apache.org>
Subject Recommendation: Apache Incubator home, general@incubator.apache.org mail list, Apache MarkMail
Date Wed, 11 Jan 2017 09:09:53 GMT
HAWQ Dev,

While in Beijing, I was chatting with Simon and Ruilong about a general
Apache Incubator topic related to the publishing of the Podling Report. It
occurred to me that I had some context on this subject which they hadn't.
Rest assured, this information is not hidden in protected Apache lunar
vault orbiting Eath. In fact, it is readily available for all to review.

Until working on the Apache HAWQ (incubating) project, I never had the need
to become familiar with the Apache processes. I took it upon myself to
learn as much as I could about the Apache Software Foundation and processes
related to projects (Podlings) in incubation. This rather small investment
allowed me to better understand the requirements for graduation.
Fortunately, there is a wealth of information available. All you have to do
is be familiar with it and keep your eyes open and explore.

There are three main sources of information that I would like to share with
you.

   - *The Apache Incubator home page:* http://incubator.apache.org
   Virtually everything you ever wanted to know about the Apache Incubator
   processes can be found here.  Spend some time getting familiar with the
   content.

   <http://incubator.apache.org/guides/lists.html>):* Specifically "
   general@incubator.apache.org" is one of my favorite learning forms.
   Podlings all follow similar paths of knowledge and project growth in the
   Apache processes. Communications are shared on this list.

   - *Apache MarkMail (http://apache.markmail.org/
   <http://apache.markmail.org/>) *is a free service for searching through
   the numerous Apache mailing list archives. I use it regularly to look for
   similar question/answer dialogue covering a variety of Apache topics.

Feel free to share other bits of information with others on the project.

Cheers,
-=e

--
*Ed Espino*