hawq-dev mailing list archives

From Lei Chang <lei_ch...@apache.org>
Subject Re: hawq_rm_stmt_vseg_memory and hawq_rm_nvseg_perquery_perseg_limit
Date Sat, 21 Jan 2017 04:40:31 GMT
hawq_rm_stmt_vseg_memory and hawq_rm_stmt_nvseg need to be used together to
set the specific number of segments and the vseg memory. And
hawq_rm_stmt_nvseg should be less than hawq_rm_nvseg_perquery_perseg_limit.

set hawq_rm_stmt_vseg_memory = '2GB';set hawq_rm_stmt_nvseg = 6;

looks 16GB is somewhat small for big dedicated machines: if 16GB is per
virtual segment memory, if 8 segment is used, it only use 128GB.

Cheers
Lei