hawq-dev mailing list archives

From Kavinder Dhaliwal <kdhali...@pivotal.io>
Subject Kerberos re-login from pxf
Date Mon, 09 Jan 2017 18:56:32 GMT
Hi Hawq Devs,

Currently PXF has a known issue where if a kerberos ticket expires while a
pxf node is active there is no mechanism to re-login and queries simply
hang. I have a PR currently open:
https://github.com/apache/incubator-hawq/pull/1075. This fix checks if a
login has expired whenever PXF is in the process of checking a token and
logs in if the ticket has expired.

Initially, the API I implemented to re-login was SecureLogin.login() but
based on offline discussions it seems
UserGroupInformation.getLoginUser().reloginFromKeytab() is a more
appropriate approach.

Before going forward with this implementation I want to reach out to the
hawq community to know if there is a better area in the code to check
logged in status and to re-initiate a login. Any ideas are appreciated

Thanks,
Kavinder