hawq-dev mailing list archives

From Dmitry Buzolin <Dmitry.Buzo...@theice.com>
Subject Different storage backends in HAWQ?
Date Wed, 11 Jan 2017 15:14:00 GMT
Since HAWQ only depends on Hadoop and Parquet as a columnar format. I would like to propose
having Hawq having pluggable storage backends.
Hadoop is already supported but there is Ceph storage backend which offers standard Posix
compliant file system, object and a block storage. Ceph is also is location aware and written
in C++. I believe this is more important than porting HAWQ to windows. Your thoughts?

Thanks,
Dmitry.

This message may contain confidential information and is intended for specific recipients
unless explicitly noted otherwise. If you have reason to believe you are not an intended recipient
of this message, please delete it and notify the sender. This message may not represent the
opinion of Intercontinental Exchange, Inc. (ICE), its subsidiaries or affiliates, and does
not constitute a contract or guarantee. Unencrypted electronic mail is not secure and the
recipient of this message is expected to provide safeguards from viruses and pursue alternate
means of communication where privacy or a binding message is desired.