hawq-dev mailing list archives

From Hong Wu <xunzhang...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Serialization/deserialization mechanism unification in HAWQ
Date Sat, 10 Dec 2016 04:06:22 GMT
Hi Alex,

It is reasonable to unify the serialization/deserialization process inside
HAWQ. We need additional effort to do that refactor and further evaluation.

Using protobuf-c or thrift library is one choice, but I think they are
using IDL to solve serialization/deserialization problem between different
languages. In other words, we need to do compile IDL to C code before
compiling HAWQ. This is not good. For HAWQ,  we just need a
unified protocol to do serialization/deserialization between C and
JAVA(at pxf end) codes.

Another choice is using an existing protocol to do
serialization/deserialization.

Best,
Hong

: