hawq-dev mailing list archives

From Shivram Mani <shivram.m...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Using PXF without HAWQ
Date Fri, 16 Dec 2016 17:27:18 GMT
Currently the only documented interface for using PXF is using HAWQ
queries. The current API reference doc
<http://hdb.docs.pivotal.io/210/hawq/pxf/PXFExternalTableandAPIReference.html>
is
from the standpoint of a PXF plugin developer to a new data format, and not
quite intended for a client side user.
The javadocs <http://hawq.incubator.apache.org/docs/pxf/javadoc/> published
isn't going to be your API quick starter guide either.

So yes, please do file a hawq JIRA against PXF component requesting this.
This will help external clients/db engines to leverage PXF API's direclty.

--
shivram mani