hawq-dev mailing list archives

From Ed Espino <esp...@apache.org>
Subject Apache HAWQ 2.0.1.0-incubating Release Plan/Timeframe
Date Wed, 21 Dec 2016 01:15:36 GMT
It's time to get the Apache HAWQ Incubator next release moving
along. The following release plan is now open for discussion.

Scope: Initially, I had considered having a binary artifact
published with this release.  However, I believe we would be
better served by producing a source release. I will also be
focusing on enhancing the documentation for the release process
and to identify infrastructure related activities to streamline
the release process in the future.  I expect this to be a rather
short release cycle.

Here is the general plan, please provide feedback.

 o Release scope
   - This is a source only release.

 o Release version
   - Apache HAWQ 2.0.1.0-incubator

 o Content
     o Bugixes
     o Introduction of the PXF ORC support

 o Release timeline

   12/21/2016

   - Publish Apache Jira project dashboards

     o Apache HAWQ 2.0.1.0 Release

     o Apache HAWQ Incubator Metrics (not necessarily related to
       release but helpful to see project activity)

     o Un-resolved issues marked with a Fix Version of
       "2.0.1.0-incubating" will have their Fix Version updated
       to 2.0.2.0-incubating (next release version). The next
       release version may change, I am recommending we use this
       for now and adjust in the future as needed.

   12/22/2016 - Code Freeze Activities

     - Perform code based release activities
     - Create the source release artifacts

   12/23/2016 - Send release to dev team for voting with a 72
                hours window

   TBD - Send to IPMC for voting

Please provide feedback so we can get the release rolling,
-=e

--
*Ed Espino*
*espino@apache.org <espino@apache.org>*