hawq-dev mailing list archives

From Kyle Dunn <kd...@pivotal.io>
Subject PXF plugin help
Date Tue, 15 Nov 2016 21:01:07 GMT
Hello,

I'm working on a new PXF plugin to read HAWQ 1.x data using HAWQInputFormat
(aka hawq-mapreduce). The APIs seems to align relatively well but I'm
having issues with the Accessor implementation.

The pattern needed (I think) seems to follow well with plugins using a
RecordReader class (e.g. PXF-JSON). Here is a PR for tracking the code
under development: https://github.com/kdunn926/incubator-hawq/pull/1

The issue I'm having is more Java-specific than PXF but maybe someone can
see something obvious I'm missing. The current Fragmenter instantiates fine
but the Accessor class is failing to compile:

:pxf-hawqinputformat1x:compileJava
/Users/kdunn/repos/incubator-hawq/pxf/pxf-hawqinputformat1x/src/main/java/org/apache/hawq/pxf/plugins/hawqinputformat/HAWQInputFormatAccessor.java:55:
error: *HAWQInputFormatAccessor is not abstract and does not override
abstract method getReader(JobConf,InputSplit) in HdfsSplittableDataAccessor*
public class HAWQInputFormatAccessor extends HdfsSplittableDataAccessor {
       ^
/Users/kdunn/repos/incubator-hawq/pxf/pxf-hawqinputformat1x/src/main/java/org/apache/hawq/pxf/plugins/hawqinputformat/HAWQInputFormatAccessor.java:116:
error: method does not override or implement a method from a supertype
    @Override
    ^
2 errors
:pxf-hawqinputformat1x:compileJava FAILED

The signature for *getReader()* in the derived class (
HAWQInputFormatAccessor) is identical to the one declared abstract in the
base class (HdfsSplittableDataAccessor) so I can't wrap my head around
what's going on. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
Kyle
--
*Kyle Dunn | Data Engineering | Pivotal*
Direct: 303.905.3171 <3039053171> | Email: kdunn@pivotal.io