hawq-dev mailing list archives

From Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>
Subject Passwordless SSH requirement presents a major usability inconvenience
Date Fri, 04 Nov 2016 22:34:51 GMT
Hi!

this has come up a few times. E.g.:
   http://markmail.org/message/naz5gpst264cgkcu
but today it bit me again -- relying on ssh
in the cloud is super inconvenient and presents
a major usability issue. On top of which, in my
case I was using Ambari for managing HAWQ
which means the ssh'ing is also redundant since
Ambari is perfectly capable of running scripts where
they belong.

So here's my question: how do we want to address
it so that new comers to HAWQ have a better time
working with it? Note, I'm not asking for a pony here,
just the kind of usability experience I expect from
any Hadoop ecosystem project (HAWQ is the only
one relying on ssh for non-dev environments).

As Cos mentioned in this thread -- this is definitely
a prerequisite for Bigtop packaging.

Thanks,
Roman.