hawq-dev mailing list archives

From Zhanwei Wang <wan...@apache.org>
Subject Re: libhdfs3 development is still going on outside of ASF
Date Thu, 15 Sep 2016 01:29:46 GMT
Hi Roman

libhdfs3 works as third-party library of HAWQ, Just for the convenience of HAWQ release process
we copy its code into HAWQ.  The reason is that HAWQ used to dependent on specific version
of libhdfs3 and libhdfs3 only distribute as source code and the build process is complicated.

I do not think we have any reason to shutdown a third party’s official repository. We also
copy google test source code into HAWQ, just as what we did for libhdfs3.

libhdfs3 open source under Apache license version 2 just the same as HAWQ. So I believe there
is no license issue.

Best Regards

Zhanwei Wang
wangzw@apache.org