hawq-dev mailing list archives

From Hong Wu <xunzhang...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: enforce -Werror (if gcc) in hawq?
Date Mon, 05 Sep 2016 16:58:05 GMT
Ming's comment makes sense, but I think it is another thread. I have
already tried those[1] but there are some further works need to do[2].

[1]
- clang analysis scan report: I uploaded the result of not that fresh HAWQ
in my personal link, please check the report out here
<http://xunzhangthu.org/tmp/hawq_check> if you are interested.
- coverity scan: the latest reported is here
<https://scan.coverity.com/projects/apache-incubator-hawq>. If you want to
see the defects in detail, you need to submit a permission request.

[2]
- Make clang analysis scan reported generating periodically and publishing
to the public automatically. I suggest we donate a domain such as hawq.io and
a host for it, also for automatically publishing the report, we need to
write a web service to reply the requests and transmitting html data.

- Travis CI script have already integrated the coverity scan service using
github webhook. we need to create a coverity_scan branch for hawq and then
modify the .travis.yml file. I have done that under Redhat environment.
While the only environment Travis server supports for Linux is
Ubuntu/Debian. Although hawq could be built under Ubuntu, it needs extra
effort to extend the .travis.yml script to support that. For osx
environment, I am not sure what the problem is, the issue is that the
report could not be sent to the coverity scan server automatically.

ps: I think Chunlin <https://github.com/wcl14> is starting working on the
defects generated by coverity.

Back to main thread mentioned by Paul, I think we should just try to open
the flag and discuss errors after opening -Werror.

Best
Hong